The Covid19-pandemic and most recently the omicron-variant is still impacting our everyday lives. As event organizers, we want to bring people together, but especially in the current situation we want to do this in a way that is as safe and as inclusive as possible. We want you to have a safe and comfortable experience here in Berlin.
Therefore, we want to inform you about the current rules and regulations that are in place now, as well as the additional safety measures we are taking at FOSS Backstage. Please note that these regulations might be adapted as the pandemic situation changes.
We are closely monitoring the national health advice from Robert Koch Institut (RKI), the German federal governmental agency and research institute responsible for disease control and prevention. We are also collaborating closely on health concepts with our venue TUECHTIG.
Currently, the following rules apply for FOSS Backstage 2022:
- Entry into the venue will only be possible for those who can provide proof of full vaccination with a booster shot.
If you have recovered from an infection with COVID-19 you need to provide proof that you have been infected with COVID-19 more than 28 days and less then 3 months ago. You also need to provide proof of an additional booster shot, if otherwise unvaccinated.
You can find additional information on what is considered as “fully vaccinated” on the website of the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut. If you have any questions left regarding your vaccination status or how to provide proof of vaccination, please contact us.
- You will be required to wear an FFP2/(K)N95 mask inside the venue. Please note that you will also be required to wear an FFP2/(K)N95 mask when using public transportation in Berlin.
- All participants need provide contact details and will be informed in case of an outbreak.
- We request that anyone sick or experiencing any cold/flu-like symptoms stay home for their own safety and the safety of others.
- We encourage you to to test yourself for COVID-19 before attending the event. You can find a map of free rapid test stations at map.schnelltestportal.de/
- We also want to encourage you to use the Corona Warn App (CWA) during your stay in Berlin. CWA is the official contract tracing app of the German Federal Ministry of Health and provides anonymous and decentralized contact tracing using the Google/Apple Exposure Notification system. You can learn more about CWA at coronawarn.app/en/
Additionally, we will provide the following safety measures:
- We provide sanitation stations with alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Seating will be spaced and the room will be regularly aired.
- We will sanitize speaker microphones.
We will update these rules as required and also provide you with additional information as they become available. If you have any questions, concerns or recommendations, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at: email@example.com
(Last update: 2022-02-07: Berlin changed the duration for which people are considered to be recovered from an COVID infection from 6 months to 3 months. Our rules have been updated accordingly.)